We can’t do this alone, we need your help. Bright Futures for Youth in Nevada County depends on volunteers, from after-school drivers to mentors. You power our programs. And your experience makes a big difference in the lives of our youth – and the future of our community.
Here are just some of our volunteer needs:
- Mentor – Spend some time with a youth, share an activity and/or passion – and be a much-needed friend.
- Driver – Drivers take youth from school to meetings, activities, on field trips or even medical and other important activities – and also take them home. Drivers often use their own vehicles.
- Tutor – Work one-on-one or in small groups to provide academic help and study skills.
- Instructional coach – Encourage and support individual students in their studies, as well as their personal life.
- Youth center – Our drop-in Youth Center depends heavily on volunteers, who help coordinate events and work closely with youth.
- Meal prep – We provide several thousand meals every year to youth, and our new commercial kitchen will make the effort more efficient.
- Office volunteer – Your assistance with calls, mailings, organizing and other office tasks would be a huge help.
- Fundraising events – Have some fun and help us during one of our many fundraising events during the year. Whether it’s helping with planning and setup, or helping with registration, you can help us raise money – and meet some new people and have fun at the same time.
Bright Futures for Youth depends greatly on volunteers whose philanthropy makes a huge difference in the lives of children and young adults in Nevada County.
You determine how much time you can volunteer – a couple hours per week or maybe just a few hours per year. Whatever energy and time you can offer helps our youth, our organization and our community.
Bright Futures for Youth will provide the training and the resources. You offer your experience and time.